After the huge challenges and disruption caused by the pandemic, we are now making plans to reopen later in the year and welcome you back to our beloved theatre.
Thanks to our generous and loyal supporters we’ve been able to spend the enforced closure since March 2020 working deeply with our community, investing in ground-breaking live and digital work, and we’ve also taken advantage of the closure to refurbish the theatre. This work will leave the Donmar more accessible, with state of the art ventilation, improved environmental sustainability, and with more welcoming and inclusive front of house spaces.
Until the Donmar reopens in the autumn, we will continue to create exceptional work. Over the summer, you can join us for the revival of Donmar Artistic Director Michael Longhurst’s award winning production of CONSTELLATIONS at the Vaudeville Theatre and experience ADULT CHILDREN, which is co-created by Ella Hickson, Sacha Wares and ScanLAB Projects. Further afield, our innovative sound installation BLINDNESS tours across the UK from May to July and transfers internationally from New York to New Zealand.
DONMAR RESTART APPEAL
We are incredibly grateful to everyone who has continued to support us during this challenging time. With just 8% of our usual annual turnover coming from Arts Council England, and with only limited ticket income in 2020, your donations have been key to our survival.
As we work towards our re-opening, we need your help to come back stronger than ever. Our DONMAR RESTART APPEAL aims to raise £400,000 over the next 5 months so we can reopen our doors in the best possible shape and invite you back to experience the thrill of live theatre in the intimacy of the Donmar auditorium.
You can help in the following ways:
- Make a donation – any amount is welcome and will help us safeguard our future
- Join as a member, or renew your Donmar membership for another 12 months
- Take a Seat with the Donmar’s seat-naming opportunity. By donating either £500, £1,000 or £5,000, we will thank you by placing your name on a seat of your choice Take a Seat will launch soon. If you would like to find out more, please get in touch to discuss this opportunity
- Support one of our upcoming productions, Discover projects or any other aspects of our work with gifts of £10,000 and above. We will acknowledge your support in our theatre foyer, and you will receive exclusive behind-the-scenes access as well as an invitation to our supporters’ reopening party
- Join our newly created Artistic Director’s Circle – bringing together a small number of people who share Michael Longhurst’s vision for the Donmar and underpin our success through their generosity. For more information, please contact Silvia Melchior, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you were inspired by our work in the past year, our future plans and our tireless efforts, against the odds, to keep making high quality theatre in person and online. We would be so grateful if you would consider joining this campaign.
Michael, Henny, and everyone at the Donmar
For more information please contact the Individual Giving team on email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)20 7845 5815.