For booking enquiries and further information about visiting the Donmar, please contact the Box Office on 020 3282 3808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon – Saturday, 10am – 6pm).
Covid-19 measures: help us keep everyone safe
Following the most recent government guidance, we have updated our COVID-19 policy to ensure that we continue to keep staff, performers and audiences safe.
The Donmar is a small, intimate venue where audiences are never more than four rows away from actors on stage, and we are grateful to all our customers for observing Covid-19 protocols to ensure the safety of fellow audience members, the Donmar staff and our performers.
We have been granted the use of Society of London Theatre & UK Theatre’s See It Safely mark, certifying that we are complying with the latest Government and industry Covid-19 guidelines. Read on to see what measures are in place to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences:
We have made the decision to mandate the use of face coverings at all times in our theatre, including in the auditorium. Those who are exempt, those eating and drinking in the bar areas and those aged under 12 will not be required to wear a face covering. If you arrive at the theatre and do not have a mask, our Front of House team will be happy to provide you with one. We will refund tickets if bookers are unable to comply with this policy. All staff will also be wearing masks.
Proof of vaccination or negative lateral flow
We ask all audiences to bring either proof of double vaccination, proof of a negative lateral flow test or proof of natural immunity. This can be done via one of the following ways:
- Proof of full vaccination should you have received both doses at least 14 days prior to your performance time. You can present this certification via the NHS COVID Pass within the NHS App, or internationally recognised equivalent. If you do not have a smart phone, please click here for details of how to request an NHS Covid Pass letter.
- Present proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test via the NHS App, or a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. This test must be taken within 48 hours of your performance time.
- Should you have natural immunity based on a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the performance, please present this proof via the NHS COVID Pass within the NHS App.
Please note that this only applies to audience members aged 18 and over; those under the age of 18 (or a parent or guardian on their behalf) must be able to give verbal confirmation that they have not received a positive test for COVID-19 within the last 14 days are are not displaying symptoms of COVID
If you have tested positive for Covid-19, or are experiencing any of the main symptoms listed here, please do not come to the theatre. Please contact the Box Office within 24 hours of the performance to arrange a refund or to hold the value of your tickets on account.
Our Track and Trace venue QR code will be posted on every floor. We kindly ask that you scan in on the NHS app when you arrive at the theatre.
Enhanced cleaning and ventilation
As part of our essential works, we have installed a state-of-the-art ventilation system, improving air circulation throughout the building. We also have enhanced cleaning measures in place and there are hand sanitiser stations on every floor.
If you are unable to attend, please contact the box office as early as possible. We can hold the value of your tickets on your account or offer you a full refund up to 24 hours prior to the performance.
Facilities and accessibility
- The Donmar is fully wheelchair accessible and there are step-free seats available in the stalls
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome
- There is a Loop system and a Radio Frequency system fitted in the main auditorium
- There are hearing loops at all the front of house counters
- The theatre is fully air-cooled
- There is no cloakroom, please do not bring large bags or cases with you
For your security, bag checks are in operation at the theatre
41 Earlham Street
Our environmental impact is important to us. We are proud to have achieved a 5 out of 5-star Creative Green Award for our work to reduce the Donmar’s carbon footprint. You can help us reduce it further by considering how you travel to the theatre.
The Donmar is easily accessible on foot from the following stations:
- Covent Garden (3 mins)
- Leicester Square (5 mins)
- Tottenham Court Road (8 mins)
- Holborn (8 mins)
- Charing Cross (10 mins)
The following bus routes stop at Cambridge Circus: 14, 19, 24, 29, 38, 176, N5, N19, N20, N29, N38, N41, N279
There are a number of cycle racks close to the theatre on Earlham Street. The nearest cycle hire docking station is on Drury Lane. For more information regarding public transport visit: www.tfl.gov.uk.
If you need to travel by car, then our nearest car park is Q-Park Chinatown on Newport Place (50% off when you visit the Donmar).