Located in the heart of Covent Garden, the Donmar Warehouse is the home for leading artists to make world-class theatre. With just 251 seats and 20 standing positions, our intimate space offers artists and audiences a theatrical experience unlike any other.
The auditorium has bench-style seating on three sides of the stage and on two levels.
41 Earlham Street
The Donmar is easily accessible on foot from the following stations:
- Covent Garden (3 mins)
- Leicester Square (5 mins)
- Tottenham Court Road (8 mins)
- Holborn (8 mins)
- Charing Cross (10 mins)
The following bus routes stop at Cambridge Circus: 176, 24, 29, N20, N279, N29, N41, N5.
There are a number of cycle racks close to the theatre on Earlham Street. The nearest cycle hire docking station is on Drury Lane. For more information regarding public transport visit: www.tfl.gov.uk.
If you need to travel by car, then our nearest car park is Q-Park Chinatown on Newport Place (50% off when you visit the Donmar).
Our environmental impact is important to us. We have achieved a 4 out of 5 star ‘Industry Green’ rating for our work to reduce the Donmar’s carbon footprint, and we’re really proud of this. You can join us in this endeavour by considering the way you travel to the theatre.
Bars and restaurants
Our bars open one hour before the performance and again during the interval. Please note that, near to show time, our bars and toilets get very busy.
The Ivy is the Donmar’s preferred restaurant partner. For priority pre- and post-performance reservations at The Ivy, please call 020 7836 4751 and quote ‘Donmar priority allocation’.
The Donmar is pleased to be a part of the vibrant Seven Dials community.
- 0844 871 7624 (Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge)
- Tickets can also be booked by phone or in person 10.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Saturday
- Tickets are on sale at any time online
- Overseas bookers
- Some standing tickets can be purchased in person on the day of performance
Monday – Saturday 7.30PM
Matinees: Usually Thursday & Saturday 2.30PM.
Check each production page for matinee days and times. Please note there are no matinees before Press Night.
Latecomers will not be admitted.
- We are fully wheelchair accessible and there are step free seats
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome
- There is a hearing loop in the box office on request
- The theatre is fully air cooled
- There is no cloakroom
- Programmes and posters for the current production are available from our Front of House team.
For your comfort and security, bag checks are in operation during your visit to the theatre.